The Today's Acorns = Tomorrow's Trees program runs from September through October. The NJ Tree Nursery needs your acorns to grow the trees of tomorrow.
- Identify a red oak, pin oak, or chestnut oak tree
- Collect acorns in plastic milk jugs without the cap or loosely tied plastic bags
- Do not mix species - one species per bag
- Keep your collection cool and dry until you drop it off to an Acorn Drop-off Point
- To ensure we can use your acorns, please drop them off within 10 days
Keep acorns dry and cool so they do not sprout. Sprouted acorns are not viable. Although we do have other oak species in New Jersey, the nursery only needs acorns from pin oak, red oak, and chestnut oak.
Contact the nursery at (732)928-0029 or email@example.com