year, the NJ State Park Service hires approximately 600 people to
fill seasonal jobs from May through September. These jobs include:
- LIFEGUARDS (No experience
necessary-we train and obtain USLA Certification)
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE - Clear an area of trash, litter and debris, maintain grounds, buildings and/or piers and operate mowing equipment. Operation of power tools and equipment as permitted by the New Jersey Child Labor regulations NJAC 12:58.
- SEASONAL VISITOR SERVICE - Provide accurate information to visitors at various facilities throughout an area, report emergencies and direct traffic. Perform visual inspections of area facilities and grounds.
- SEASONAL NATURAL OR HISTORIC EDUCATOR - Conduct nature and/or historic tours. Assist in the preparation of public information materials, displays and programs. May demonstrate, perform and interpret craftwork under supervision.
- OFFICE WORKER - Greet visitors, provide public information, collect fees, issue permits and passes, operate office equipment, type, file and perform billing and payroll functions as needed.
All DOP Postings
Summer Employment Letter & Application
No experience is necessary. Salaries range from
$8.25 - $10.50 per hour. The minimum age for most positions is
16 years old.
For further information on employment with the
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, visit http://www.nj.gov/dep/jobs/.
Spend the summer enjoying the warmth of the sun
and the wonderful landscapes of New Jersey's state parks, forests
and recreation areas, while you enhance your resume in this admirable
public service. Learn valuable life skills such as responding to
emergency situations and administering first aid, CPR, AEDs and
Starting salary is $8.25 per hour. No previous
experience is required. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Applicants under 18 years of age must have an official State Park
Service permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian to
participate in lifeguard testing.
LIFEGUARD EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE
ANTICIPATED AT THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Check back for testing dates.